To persons living, dead and purely coincidental —
Welcome to my novel of horror, sidlings.
I wrote sidlings in order to accomplish two goals:
1) to tell a very particular kind of campfire story
2) to create a work of art that would help me heal myself
The campfire story — it’s one that I’ve needed to tell for a long time.
The healing aspect of art — well, I’ve needed that for a long time, too.
So here it is – my campfire artwork. And, I sincerely hope you enjoy it.
But — before we actually begin —
sidlings features content which may be triggering —
- graphic descriptions of physical and psychological violence, toward adults and children, including sexual abuse up to and including sexual assault, rape and incest
- animal cruelty and animal death
- graphic description of self-harm, encouragement of suicide., suicide attempts and suicidal ideation
- prejudice and/or bigotry toward minorities — including multiple instances of hate speech and bigoted language/slurs (racism, sexism, ableism, queerphobia, classism, homophobia, transphobia, ageism)
- kidnappings and abductions
- death and dying
- pregnancy, childbirth and pre-natal trauma/death and miscarriage/abortion
- blood and horror violence
- drug use/abuse and people drugging other characters to abuse them
I’d also like to make some personal remarks:
On reality —
sidlings is entirely made-up.
I don’t believe in supernatural phenomena.
So just stop all that, before you even start.
On religion —
sidlings deals with elements from various religions.
However — in real life, I’m 100 percent an atheist.
So please bear in mind that the religions depicted in this novel are fictional interpretations and that this story takes place in a world of my own creation.
Nothing in this novel should be interpreted as a call — or an excuse — to disrespect real religious people.
If you do that, you’re on your own.
On content —
Yes — as stated above, the novel contains graphic and/or explicit content.
All graphic and/or explicit content is, in my opinion, essential to the story, and is in no way presented for any kind of shock value.
With these remarks out of the way, let’s get started.
Thanks for making the choice to read my novel.
It means a lot to me.
Because … this story? I have to tell it.
And … welcome to Drodden.
Virago Ergo Sum,
— Dee Emm Elms
This site has had 35301 visitors since 2015-10-23 with a total of 48424 page views.
‘sidlings’ logo by Creature SH